About Me

My photo
Welcome! Read - enjoy!

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Hello internet

Well hello there vast world of the Internet.

"Want to be my friend?"

My little Missy (aka daughter) is 4 and she will ask just about any random kid at the park or the store or at our garage sale (where the kid was here for about 3 minutes and we will probably never see them again... but certainly friend material to Missy) "Want to be my friend?"

Well? 
I suppose you might not be as quick to friendship as a preschooler and maybe want to know a little bit more about me and what it is I'm doing here in blog land.

I am a stay at home mom who has a pretty strong creative streak.  I'd love to one day contribute to our little household by doing something creative.  I currently sell vintage goodies in my Road10 Etsy shop.  I also have been taking little orders here and there for handmade bits too.  I LOVE to crochet.  My mom showed me how to get going with it this past Spring and I haven't stopped yet.  I hope to share some of my ideas and maybe a few tutorials or patterns too for you all to try out.  I feel like I'm on a bit of a journey to sort out what it is I'll be when I "grow up".  I've been given this amazing gift to be home with my kiddo and have the time and support to try to become and do something I love. 


My Grandma Van
You may also want to know why my blog is called Visit Road 10.  Well my vintage business is called Road 10:Vintage, I hope to add Road 10:Handmade, but also Road 10 is the county road in rural Colorado that I grew up on.  I was very very blessed with a great childhood, being close to family and always lot of laughter.  My Grandma Van lived next door and taught me to sew, embroider and knit.  She was a very special lady.

So.... let's see... what else.... I suppose I've got more posts to write, better not tell it all now!

Well how about it?  Friends?  Or at least curious followers of my journey to find out how to become.... well I'm not sure yet, a craft book writer? or a super seller of handmade and vintage goodies? or a crochet pro? or all of them?  Either way, here's where I'll share my life and all of it's happening.  Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment