About Me

My photo
Welcome! Read - enjoy!

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Easy Peasy Dishcloth Pattern

Tomorrow I will attempt to teach a sweet friend or two how to crochet.  I'll be using a pattern (my very first and very own pattern) for an Easy Peasy Dishcloth.  I'm hoping that it will be a great way to teach how to chain, single, double and half double crochet, as well as slip stitch.

Crochet somehow came very naturally and easy to me.  It just makes since.  It is really all just a variation of two things - yarn over and pull through...  I can remember being at my Grandma Van's house along with my cousins and we would all be making chains.  I sort of remember a beginning of an afghan some where in my early teen years, but it never got too far.  So my mom showed me this past Spring the basics and since then I haven't been long with out a hook and yarn in my hands.  It's become something I really adore.  So with that, I'll share my pattern for the Easy Peasy Dishcloth!





Easy Peasy Dishcloth
 by Gail Winters


H hook
100% Cotton Yarn

Ch 27

Row1: SC in 2nd Ch.  SC in each Ch across.  Ch 2, turn.

Row2: DC in 1st SC.  DC in each SC across.  Ch1, turn.

Rows 3-18: Repeat rows 1 and 2

Row19: Sc in 1st DC.  SC in each DC across.  Ch 2 turn.

Edging:
*HDC, Ch1,
Sl St
in SC,
Sl St
in next SC*
repeat from * in each SC across and around the edge of the cloth.

Finish: Weave in ends

Enjoy - please share with others and share with me if you make one!!! 
Happy Crocheting All!

No comments:

Post a Comment